Monday, April 3, 2023

Our Path


We were walking out of church Sunday and my son was running towards our car…or so he thought. He was ahead of me and I pointed in the direction of where I parked and said, "we're parked that way". Without turning to see where I was pointing he just ran until I called his name and he turned and looked at me to see I was pointing in a different direction than what he was going. He went a little farther than needed but once he turned and realized he didn't know where he was going. He found his path again.

We do this at times with God. We think we know the path to where we want to go. We think we know how to get there. Not fully putting our faith in the fact that God is pointing us in the right direction, we just have to turn around and see where He's pointing. When we don't follow God's path it tends to take us longer to get to where he wants us because we went too far without Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pick Up and Press On

She's been through more things than anyone can ever imagine. She's experienced loss, heartbreak, betrayal. She flinches when someone...